In My Write Mind
6.13.2005

Ladies and Gentlemen...Meet Aquatica

"BLOGS FROM THE BEACH"--DAY TWO, MONDAY 8:56PM

Aquatica. No, she's not my around the way girl. But over the past eighteen months, she's been my haven, my oasis, my retreat...my source of many a Red Stripe and mojito. Yup, that's right, Aquatica is all that and a plate of bread. She's the kind that makes you tear up when it's time for you to leave. She knows, without a doubt, the best way to a man's heart--through his stomach. Can you tell I loves me some Aquatica? I think it's time for you all to meet her.

Picture it. Miami Beach, February 1, 2004. A group of co-workers are down for a site visit, trying to determine which hotel should be used for their spring conference. And there she was, standing tall, with the ocean as her backdrop. The smells, the sounds, the vibe...yup, Aquatica had me at "This way to the bar."

She was the perfect hostess, allowing us to view the Super Bowl on one of her many televisions. And she was also a part of history, as this was the infamous Janet Jackson halftime show...and yes, I was right there, with my new homegirl, not believing what I'd just seen. The fact that Aquatica fed me and supplied me with ample alcohol, and then STILL had enough left in her to make sure I saw every replay possible...I think that's the night I fell in love.

It was back then, but not just then. I saw her again last June, anxious to enjoy more of her. I swear it's like a little middle school crush, knocking people over to get to my girl. And there she was, waiting for me, beer at the ready, the same perfect backdrop...and many memories yet to be made. I didn't see her much on that trip, more my fault than hers. Something called work got in the way of our seeing one another. She tempted me to come over and watch my Lakers get stomped by the Pistons, but I was just too tired. Too worn out to enjoy her company while loathing that thorough thrashing.

Sigh.

Oh, Aquatica. So this June, upon my return to the Beach, I made it my business to "trip the day fantastic" with my girl. Actually, due to my room snafu, I really had no choice. She was the only option I had. And my peoples, let me tell you...she welcomed my with open arms, supplying some of the best grouper this side of the Atlantic, freshly brewed Red Stripe (well, it tasted like it, anyway...lol), live entertainment (I mean seriously, does it get any better than a Mexican guy doing his version of Kool & the Gang's classic, "Get Down On It?" Does it?!?!?)...and that gorgeous backdrop. I'm getting emotional just talking about it. Yes, my friends, Aquatica has been there for me time and time again--no questions asked. I love her. Have come to count on her. *in Peter Brady voice* She's, she's...my Miami queen. And nothing short of construction, or health code violations, can take her away from me.

And when you come down to Miami Beach, make sure you check her out. Because even when your room isn't guaranteed, a good time with Aquatica, the restaurant by the sea, is always on the menu.

scribbled by Will at 6/13/2005 08:58:00 PM
link | |

Mind Droppings

I write entirely to find out what I'm thinking, what I'm looking at, what I see and what it means. What I want and what I fear. (Joan Didion)



The Write One


Will. Lefty. Since Summer 1971.
Over the next six months, I'll be saying some hellos, some goodbyes. Living, laughing, growing. Don't.miss.a.word.
More About Will
Even MORE About Will


Previously...on IMWM
It Was Written

September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005


They're All Write

THE FLOW MAGAZINE
NYC BLOGGER MEETUP: LABOR DAY
Kage
Keisha
Sid
Mahogany Elle
Lisa
Danies
Yolie
Golden
Edwige
Nikki
Beloved
R.P.M.
TriniPrincess
Ms.Thing
Humanity Critic
EJ da DJ
HoneySoul Sista
ProacTiff
Kajuana
Leon
Suezette
Butta
Linga
Danyel
Mia
Serenity23
Panama
Wise Diva
CocoaButterflyy
Brown Sugar
Cee
Songbirds
Slow Metamorphosis
Kiesha
Donyell
Thykness
Ms. Tee
Jazz
Danja
Rhapsodi
Kelvin
Singing
Butterfly Locs
Carmel Complexion
Sun
ManNMotion
The Doorman
< < Blackblogz > >


Blogroll Me!


Enter your email address below to subscribe to In My Write Mind!


powered by Bloglet
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Search this site powered by FreeFind
--> Blogroll Me! Site 
Meter



Content copyright protected by Copyscape website plagiarism search Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Who Links Here
Designed by mela | Image from stock.xchng
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com