In My Write Mind
6.01.2005

I Still Believe...

I believe that while love does suck, the lessons you learn while experiencing it are priceless.

I believe that humbleness is NOT a word, no matter what my good friend Nikki and her wedding planners say. *smh*

I believe that, like the old Naughty by Nature song, DC bloggers are the craziest!!! (have you SEEN those pics?!?!? Oh wait...no...no, you haven't...LOL)

I believe that, with all due respect to EJ Da DJ, OSWs should be renamed OXWs in honor of blogs' first lady of uploads.

I believe that phrases such as "hellus nous", "HOB" and "Patron Swigging Partna" should really be copywritten. *calling lawyer friend*

I believe that no one cares anymore about whether Jacko goes to jail or not.

I believe, without a doubt, that there is a song for every occasion.

I believe that the person who took the time to call my job yesterday, address me as "nigger" and hang up, may have issues, but I'm grateful that I was the "nigger" on their mind.

I believe that whomever made up the phrase "in a perfect world..." should be paid a tremendous amount of money...and then drawn and quartered.

I believe that there is no fuggin way Eva should be a model for AppleBottom jeans.

I believe that Detroit vs. San Antonio may not be the most glitzy NBA Finals matchup, but it may just be one of the best in the history of the Association.

I believe that Red Stripe may be one of the best beers ever made (I see you, Ms. Thing...lol). IT'S BEER!!!

I believe that blogging is an outlet that causes people to filter what they let in.

I believe that my book is almost done and that it will be published before the end of the year.

I believe that this will be THE SUMMER OF WILL!

I believe that I could listen to Mariah Carey sing all damn day...I just don't need to see any more of her videos. Ever.

I believe in Floetry.

I believe in Crash.

I believe in Common's BE.

I believe that the meal I enjoyed last Saturday...and Sunday...and Monday...is the best I've had in a long, long time.

I believe that the new TLC reality show will be horrible. Unwatchable even.

I believe that when this conference is finally over, I will be taking more than a few days off.

I believe that some of our black "leaders" have become a joke and that no one has let them in on it just yet.

I believe that going to Harlem Grill will never.be.the.same.again.

I believe that the upcoming Jill Scott/Erykah Badu concert is gonna be off the chain.

I believe that blogging, not much unlike your job, has its great moments and its not-so-great ones. And with both, sometimes you need a break.

I believe in the written word.

I believe in perfect melodies.

I believe in Kelvin's ability to capture the best of my city on film (those pics were awesome).

I believe that it's almost Friday.

I believe in starting over and doing things the correct way.

I believe in happy endings...(well, or at least civil ones. LOL)

I believe I could say more, but the more I sit here and type, the more work piles up on my desk.

I believe I'm OUT!

PEACE!

scribbled by Will at 6/01/2005 07:49:00 PM
link | |

Mind Droppings

I write entirely to find out what I'm thinking, what I'm looking at, what I see and what it means. What I want and what I fear. (Joan Didion)



The Write One


Will. Lefty. Since Summer 1971.
Over the next six months, I'll be saying some hellos, some goodbyes. Living, laughing, growing. Don't.miss.a.word.
More About Will
Even MORE About Will


Previously...on IMWM
It Was Written

September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005


They're All Write

THE FLOW MAGAZINE
NYC BLOGGER MEETUP: LABOR DAY
Kage
Keisha
Sid
Mahogany Elle
Lisa
Danies
Yolie
Golden
Edwige
Nikki
Beloved
R.P.M.
TriniPrincess
Ms.Thing
Humanity Critic
EJ da DJ
HoneySoul Sista
ProacTiff
Kajuana
Leon
Suezette
Butta
Linga
Danyel
Mia
Serenity23
Panama
Wise Diva
CocoaButterflyy
Brown Sugar
Cee
Songbirds
Slow Metamorphosis
Kiesha
Donyell
Thykness
Ms. Tee
Jazz
Danja
Rhapsodi
Kelvin
Singing
Butterfly Locs
Carmel Complexion
Sun
ManNMotion
The Doorman
< < Blackblogz > >


Blogroll Me!


Enter your email address below to subscribe to In My Write Mind!


powered by Bloglet
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Search this site powered by FreeFind
--> Blogroll Me! Site 
Meter



Content copyright protected by Copyscape website plagiarism search Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Who Links Here
Designed by mela | Image from stock.xchng
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com