In My Write Mind
3.02.2005

My Turn...

It's Wednesday. I'm tired from work. So I'm taking a few minutes out for a 100 Things List, which is seemingly some sort of blog initiation. Go figure.

Be forewarned that I might jump all over the place...

Here we go:

1. My name is William. Not Bill or Willie.
2. I was born in Harlem Hospital in the summer of '71.
3. Yes, I'm 33 years old.
4. I like saying the word Yeesh.
5. I'm a writer.
6. I'm in the process of writing my first book.
7. I hope to be finished sometime this summer. *crossing fingers*
8. I grew up in Queens.
9. I work for a non-profit organization.
10. Translation: I am grossly underpaid.
11. I own a copy of The Best of The Jets.
12. The singing group, not the football team.
13. I may not have made up the term "blog crush," but I'm really ready to retire it.
14. My name is Will. I read blogs. Off and on. All damn day. Shame.
15. I'm ready for a change in scenery.
16. I owe my writing skills to my 7th grade teacher.
17. He was gifted.
18. And he helped me express myself so the world could understand.
19. I was blessed to learn from him.
20. Yeah...a nucca got gifts. LOL
21. I really, really miss my dad.
22. I am very grateful for the time we had together.
23. He taught me how to be a man.
24. How to be a gentleman.
25. How to stand up for myself.
26. How to put people at ease.
27. I love black women.
28. Apparently, so does Dr. Dyson...but after reading his book, I still don't know why. LOL
29. If I were blog president, Panama Jackson would be my Secretary of Defense.
30. BruthaCode, ManNMotion and Humanity Critic would hold positions within the cabinet, too.
31. Cool blog brothas.
32. I have one sister. She lives in Brooklyn.
33. I rest in Harlem.
34. My brother died back in 1992. Suffered a seizure and never recovered.
35. I am the youngest.
36. Contrary to popular belief, I am shy.
37. Not painfully shy, but a nucca can get quiet at times.
38. Shaddup, Kajuana. LOL
39. I admire the creativity that bloggers display.
40. Reading their words inspire me to keep on blogging.
41. I know the words to "I Sing The Body Electric."
42. And "Honeysuckle Rose."
43. Oh. And most New Edition songs.
44. Do yourself a favor--pick me on your team if the game is ever Useless TV Trivia.
45. We would shut the other team OUT. LOL
46. I'm left-handed.
47. I have a niece that is two years older than me.
48. I truly believe that a woman that can make great banana pudding will make a great life partner. LOL
49. Pssst...I like Jill Scott.
50. Not so much the physical...but I'm damn sure attracted to her talent.
51. Hell, talented women turn me on.
52. I like it when X says hellus nous.
53. I've been privileged to meet some wonderful people throughout my lifetime.
54. Ossie Davis was one of them.
55. Ruby Dee was another.
56. I love them.
57. I always will.
58. I hate being in pictures.
59. Blog crushes are so passe...but blog baby-mama's...that's da shit! I got one!
60. I like the word Lawd better than Yeesh.
61. Guy's "I Like" is one of the most perfect songs I've ever heard.
62. I love challenges.
63. I hardly ever approach women.
64. Which might explain why I'm single now. LOL
65. I can be downright grumpy when I'm tired.
66. I work long hours.
67. Did I mention I was grossly underpaid?
68. I love baseball. I know...I'm one of the few.
69. Say the word 'auspicious' in a Sean Connery voice. Go on. I dare you. You'll be hooked!
70. I feel that women who make great lasagna make great mothers. LOL
71. Sometimes, when I least expect it...Siddity makes me laugh OUT LOUD.
72. I've met some very cool bloggers thus far.
73. Next stop on my career path: writing for a mainstream magazine. Full time. Not freelance.
74. If any of you have contacts, holla at a writer.
75. Sometimes, I'm not in my write mind.
76. I hate my nose.
77. I love to travel.
78. My best friend is a writer, too.
79. I think I'd make a good father.
80. And would work toward being a great one.
81. I can be impatient.
82. There's something about Lauryn Hill that won't let me give up on her. Yet.
83. Living in Harlem has been a great experience.
84. Mos Def reminds me so much of my friend that passed away--mannerisms and all.
85. I don't tell my mother enough that I love her.
86. Calling mom. brb
87. OK. She knows.
88. I have a hard time taking people at their word. Color me cynical.
89. I could listen to Donny Hathaway sing all day long.
90. His daughter Lalah could serenade me if she wants.
91. I need at least one day a week where I could just sleep all day.
92. My friends say that I'm a good listener.
93. At least that's what I think I heard...wasn't really listening to them.
94. If I ruled the world, teachers would get paid as much as athletes. Have you SEEN the kids today? Yeesh.
95. There is nothing...and I mean nothing...like an HBCU.
96. Wait...except don't believe what you see on College Hill. It's bad...bad!
97. I've always wanted to be able to sing. Well.
98. I am grateful for the love I receive every day.
99. There is nothing...and I mean absolutely nothing...like being surrounded by talented people. It raises your game.
100. I hope I didn't ramble too much. My mind is everywhere these days. LOL

Peace.

scribbled by Will at 3/02/2005 04:55:00 PM
link | |

Mind Droppings

I write entirely to find out what I'm thinking, what I'm looking at, what I see and what it means. What I want and what I fear. (Joan Didion)



The Write One


Will. Lefty. Since Summer 1971.
Over the next six months, I'll be saying some hellos, some goodbyes. Living, laughing, growing. Don't.miss.a.word.
More About Will
Even MORE About Will


Previously...on IMWM
It Was Written

September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005


They're All Write

THE FLOW MAGAZINE
NYC BLOGGER MEETUP: LABOR DAY
Kage
Keisha
Sid
Mahogany Elle
Lisa
Danies
Yolie
Golden
Edwige
Nikki
Beloved
R.P.M.
TriniPrincess
Ms.Thing
Humanity Critic
EJ da DJ
HoneySoul Sista
ProacTiff
Kajuana
Leon
Suezette
Butta
Linga
Danyel
Mia
Serenity23
Panama
Wise Diva
CocoaButterflyy
Brown Sugar
Cee
Songbirds
Slow Metamorphosis
Kiesha
Donyell
Thykness
Ms. Tee
Jazz
Danja
Rhapsodi
Kelvin
Singing
Butterfly Locs
Carmel Complexion
Sun
ManNMotion
The Doorman
< < Blackblogz > >


Blogroll Me!


Enter your email address below to subscribe to In My Write Mind!


powered by Bloglet
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Search this site powered by FreeFind
--> Blogroll Me! Site 
Meter



Content copyright protected by Copyscape website plagiarism search Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Who Links Here
Designed by mela | Image from stock.xchng
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com