In My Write Mind
**Soundtrack: Taxi, Tweet, It's Me Again**
Wow...it's been a minute since I've done a normal blog post. LOL So here I sit on a Friday afternoon, watching the time tick-tock by. Tonight, I go see Amel Larrieux at The Blue Note in the Village. Details over here. And I may FINALLY get to sit at home this weekend, watch some college basketball and the still-in-the-wrapper Fat Albert cartoon DVD that my friend gave me last month.
Now, on to the 5ive!
1. Desperate Housewives--*Ahem* ABC! What da deal, son? FIRST, you give us thirteen weeks of surprise after surprise, twist after twist, drama upon drama. Now, for what seems like FOREVER (actually, with a repeat scheduled for Sunday, it's been four solid weeks) since you deliver a new episode. Ummmm...I don't know where you did your studying, but basically, today...with premium cable offering up the high-scale goods, you cannot afford to keep a hit show behind the curtain just to save some fresh episodes for April and May. Not.good.business. I will now step down from my soap (opera) box.
2. Be Cool--A better title would've been Be Careful. I swear I wasn't ready to see The Rock as a gay dude reciting a "monologue" from Bring It On. I wasn't prepared to see Vince Vaughn acting like a hip hop gangsta. And I surely wasn't prepped to see Cristina Millian looking THAT DAMN GOOD!?!?!? WTF?!?!? She is definitely a cutie and, if that was her real voice and not some superimposed technical enhancement, she can sing, too. *applauding for Cristina*
3. OK. Kajuana mentioned it in her Wednesday post. And I had the privilege of watching it over and over again on TiVo. I still don't understand it. How...in the hell...can Tyra Banks keep letting these women with afflictions make it to the Top Model semis?!?!? Last year it was the girl with the horrible sight. This year, it's a girl who just passes the fuck out without any notice!!! The poor guest judge was in the middle of telling her how great she looked in her photos...and then--in mid-sentence--homegirl just passes out!!! Wow. It was the thud heard 'round the world.
Let me just say that I love the way they cast this show, though. Two seasons ago they had the orgy in the hot tub. Last year they had the girl who kept throwing up her meals--ON PURPOSE!!! And this year, one of the girls admitted she was gay AND crazy ass Brandi, who is unknowingly auditioning for the next installment of When Keeping It Real Goes Wrong. Oh, Tyra...you and the Top Model team are the gift that keeps on giving. Errr, except for that Ms. Jay cat. Not.a.fan.of.him/her.
4. The Flow Magazine and We The Voices...seriously, if you haven't had the opportunity to check these two publications out, do so now. Go on. I'll be here when you get back. They are very, very well done and speak to everyone. I must say that, as a writer, I'm extremely proud to see such depth and content. Makes me know that there's some hope for the future as these pubs give young, black writers a chance to express themselves, inform, and in some cases, educate. Much respect!!!
5. Memphis, Tennessee--this trip was fun. Got to spend time on the campus of LeMoyne Owen College, where the students and faculty showed us a good time. We toured the Staxx Records Museum, had a live band play for us during the first-day luncheon, conducted mock interviews with the students, attended a Memphis Grizzlies game, played laser tag and got to meet a whole bunch of people. THIS...is what has kept we here for this long. The experiences I'm able to bring back with me from the road. I won't keep babbling. But ummm...I love my job. Today. LOL
Peace. Bitches. LOL Have a great weekend.
scribbled by Will at 3/18/2005 03:11:00 PM
link | |
I write entirely to find out what I'm thinking, what I'm looking at, what I see and what it means. What I want and what I fear. (Joan Didion)
The Write One
Will. Lefty. Since Summer 1971. Over the next six months, I'll be saying some hellos, some goodbyes. Living, laughing, growing. Don't.miss.a.word.
More About Will
Even MORE About Will
It Was Written
They're All Write
THE FLOW MAGAZINE
NYC BLOGGER MEETUP: LABOR DAY
EJ da DJ
< < Blackblogz > >
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Who Links Here