In My Write Mind
Baker's Dozen every Monday I am on vacation. Which means I'll be doing it for the next THREE WEEKS!!!! Take THAT, Yolie! Wooo Hooo!!! LOL
Here we go...
1. "Happy Birthday!!!"--Me to my friend Karen on Friday when she arrived at my house in anticipation of us having dinner at a Thai restaurant in Harlem.
2. "He CAN'T SING!!!"--Karen to me when I kiddingly told her that I arranged for the older man singing to serenade her with MISTY (inside the restaurant where we ended up in lieu of the Thai place). No, I really didn't get him to sing it. And yeah, she wasn't pleased with his rendition. LOL
3. "Stupid dog..."--Me to Oreo, the mutt I'm 'dog-sitting' while my friend is away on vacation in Aruba. Turns out Oreo, who is FIVE, decided to "not be housebroken" before I go to him Saturday morning. Grrrr...
4. "Hey cowboy, what are you hunting?"--Alleged comments made by Mrs. Kob.e Br.yant to Kar.l Malo.ne at a recent Los Angeles Lakers game.
5. "I'm hunting for little Mexican girls."--Malone's response to the question, referring to Bryant's wife and thus sparking yet another fued involving Kobe and a teammate. This is better than Passions. LOL
6. "Hello, Mrs. Diaz..."--Danny Ocean (George Clooney), on the phone with his wife Tess (Julia Roberts) in the movie O.cean's Twel.ve. (Aside: If you thought Eleven was great, Twelve is just good. Which is not bad. At all.)
7. "I've come to be all I can be...because I've been what I've been and it hasn't paid too well."--Anton (character played by Dam.on Wa.yans) at the Army recruitment center in a skit from In Living Color. Yes, I'm still watching the second season on DVD. LOL)
8. "Bowling?!?!? You brought me bowling on my birthday?!?!?"--Karen to me on Sunday night after I told her that we went all the way to Westbury, Long Island to bowl. (Again, she wasn't pleased.)
9. "Oh My GOD!!!"--Karen, after realizing that bowling wasn't the agenda after all as we entered the Westbury Music Fair to see BoyzIIMen.
10. "I'd smoke weed, too, if I had you for a mother!"--Rex Van De Kamp to his wife Bree, on Desperate Housewives, after proclaiming that he's no longer scared of her and that it was OK for his son to smoke a little "doobie", saying it probably was because of Bree's overbearing personality. (Whew, that was a lot to type...LOL)
11. "Shit, murder ain't no thing, but this here is some assassination shit."--Slim Charles to Stringer Bell on The Wire, after Bell asks that he wipe out a state senator who played String for a quarter million dollars. (For those who love this show and didn't see it last night, please check it On Demand. You don't want to miss this episode...or next week's--the season finale.)
12. "Woof!"--Oreo, the dog in need of Depends. Lawd, it's gonna be a long week with this mutt. Sigh.
13. At the Boyz II Men show. Did you know that they've been around for FIFTEEN YEARS?!?!? I will now grab my cane. And that they're a trio now? No more Mike McCary. They still sounded good.
scribbled by Will at 12/13/2004 05:56:00 PM
link | |
I write entirely to find out what I'm thinking, what I'm looking at, what I see and what it means. What I want and what I fear. (Joan Didion)
The Write One
Will. Lefty. Since Summer 1971. Over the next six months, I'll be saying some hellos, some goodbyes. Living, laughing, growing. Don't.miss.a.word.
More About Will
Even MORE About Will
It Was Written
They're All Write
THE FLOW MAGAZINE
NYC BLOGGER MEETUP: LABOR DAY
EJ da DJ
< < Blackblogz > >
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Who Links Here