In My Write Mind
KB today and was reminded that I haven't done a Baker's Dozen since the last time I did one...LOL
The idea is to come up with twelve thoughts and one pic to describe your weekend. Try using quotes, events, blog entries, whatever. Post a link to your entry when you're done. So here goes...
1. "We've come too far for us to get hung up on some corners..."--Stringer Bell to Avon Barksdale on HBO's The Wire. I love that show.
2. "She should be ashamed of herself, after what she did to that baby."--The last words of Mrs. Huber, the nosy and conniving neighbor on the hit show, Desperate Housewives, just before she's whacked, Sopranos-style by widower Paul. (this may sound confusing, but you just gotta watch the show...LOL)
3. "Intercepted...AGAIN!"--Fox announcer Joe Buck on rookie QB Eli Manning of the New York Giants getting picked moments after recovering the ball from the Philadelphia Eagles on Sunday. The Giants and Manning lost the game, 27-6.
4. "More...please!" No, not Oliver Twist...LOL That was me, asking my sister for a second slice of carrot cake cheesecake on Thursday evening. God bless bakers!!!
5. "I love this family!!!" Dashiell "Dash" Parr, son of Mr. Incredible & Elastigirl after his family defeated Syndrome. (Hey, don't knock it til you see it...The Incredibles was a good movie...:-) )
6. "You're killin' me, Petey!!!"--Coach Herman Boone (Denzel Washington) in Remember the Titans, after another fumble by the Titans running back. I watched that movie for the umpteenth time on Saturday.
7. "I'm out! It's been a great run..."--my friend Tee, who moved to Los Angeles over the weekend, after two years here at the Urban League. At least now I have a place to stay when I go out there for the Grammy's.
8. "Where's the candy?"--my little niece Kylie after being told that the orange things on her Thanksgiving dinner plate were candied yams.
9. "First, I saw some potato salad-like stuff. It was kinda taupe and I probably wouldn't have known what it was if it wasn't cold and didn't have huge chunks of celery in it."--Blogger extraordinairre Elle, describing the scene during her Thanksgiving debacle. Funny stuff!
10. "WILLIE!!!"--That was the only word I heard before I hung up on my editor, seeing as he called me the one name that I refuse to answer to. I called back...the hang-up was just reflex. LOL
11. "The cheesy stuff doesn't make it taste good."--my nephew Jay after trying the cauliflower with cheese sauce prepared by my sister for Thanksgiving.
12. "How you gonna be the writer of a song and then sing it wrong? Now everybody get outta here, we need some privacy!"--Ike Turner (Laurence Fishburne) to Anna Mae Bullock (Angela Bassett) in the movie "What's Love Got To Do With It?"
13. Here's my basic image of the weekend, which was filled with food and relaxation...and THIS...
scribbled by Will at 11/29/2004 03:26:00 PM
link | |
I write entirely to find out what I'm thinking, what I'm looking at, what I see and what it means. What I want and what I fear. (Joan Didion)
The Write One
Will. Lefty. Since Summer 1971. Over the next six months, I'll be saying some hellos, some goodbyes. Living, laughing, growing. Don't.miss.a.word.
More About Will
Even MORE About Will
It Was Written
They're All Write
THE FLOW MAGAZINE
NYC BLOGGER MEETUP: LABOR DAY
EJ da DJ
< < Blackblogz > >
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Who Links Here