In My Write Mind
***Soundtrack--"Bad Girl", Usher, Confessions***
I got this from fellow blogger KB. The idea is to come up with twelve thoughts and one pic to describe your weekend. Try using quotes, events, blog entries, whatever.
Here's my attempt at it:
1. "Scratch a lie, see a thief."
--A quote from the film Ray as well as my reaction when the guy next to me on the plane tried to take my magazine while I slept.
2. "No wonder he's fighting again--he's gotta finish paying for this shit."
--Reaction to seeing Evander Holyfield's massive compound outside of Atlanta.
3. "Speak again..."
--My friend AT after recognizing the voice of the dude next to us in line as author and radio show host Michael Baisden.
4. "I've had my eye on you all night."
--One of the lines from Ray that made me smile, as Charles joked while flirting with a female fan.
5. "I'm going to that game tomorrow!"
--My new friend at Morehouse's Sociology Dept., Ms. Jackson, upon hearing that Denzel would be at the homecoming football game cheering on his son.
6. "We all had to go back to our real lives..."
--Fellow blogger Nai' on her friends leaving DC after a fun-filled weekend...and my reaction to leaving Atlanta's gorgeous weather for NYC's autumn of indecision.
7. "R. Kelly is not coming back. If y'all waiting to see him, go home. The good news is that I got a lot of records — and I got y'all."
--Jay-Z to the crowd at Madison Square Garden after Kells left abruptly, apparently deciding the Unfinished Business Tour was, um, finished.
8. "Why is the ghetto fabulous?"
--Fellow blogger Jazz in her "Why Ask Why?" post...makes you say hmmmmmm
9. ""I don't think there's much in the playbook that we're holding back on now."
--Pittsburgh Steelers center Jeff Hartings, after rookie QB Ben Roethlisberger dismantled previously-unbeaten New England Sunday.
10. ""If you're going to play a football game, don't be a coward and wait until you make one play and do something. Just play football."
--Ray Lewis of the Baltimore Ravens, who must think he's Ray Charles, since he claimed not to have seen Terrell Owens of Phladelphia mock his pre-game dance when Ownes scored a crucial TD Sunday.
11. "What, they couldn't get Pops Staples?"
--Reaction by unnamed Urban League employee when it was announced that the League would be honoring Patti LaBelle at their annual fund-raising dinner.
12. "It's something I wish was over and done with, really, and I could move on."
--Was Vince Carter referring to his association with agent William "Tank" Black...or his association with the Toronto Raptors? Hmmmm...
13. Here's my attempt at the photo that captured my weekend in a nutshell...
"Milkshakes...nothing but milkshakes all around us..."
--Again, my friend AT as he described the scene on campus during homecoming weekend at Morehouse, Spelman and Clark-Atlanta.
God Bless Atlanta!!!
scribbled by Will at 11/02/2004 09:15:00 AM
link | |
I write entirely to find out what I'm thinking, what I'm looking at, what I see and what it means. What I want and what I fear. (Joan Didion)
The Write One
Will. Lefty. Since Summer 1971. Over the next six months, I'll be saying some hellos, some goodbyes. Living, laughing, growing. Don't.miss.a.word.
More About Will
Even MORE About Will
It Was Written
They're All Write
THE FLOW MAGAZINE
NYC BLOGGER MEETUP: LABOR DAY
EJ da DJ
< < Blackblogz > >
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Who Links Here